Hostel of Maine
The Hostel of Maine is a cozy lodge with private and shared accommodations for solo travelers, couples, families, and groups.
H.O.ME is situated amongst 77+ miles of year-round world class mountain biking trails, too many miles of hiking trails to try and quantify, 56+ miles of groomed cross country and snowshoe trails, and at the base of one of New England's most beloved ski resorts that just keeps getting bigger and better: Sugarloaf.
Rooms and Prices
Click here to view current availability and the guaranteed lowest prices
- Breakfast included
- Tea & coffee
- Private rooms
- mixed dorms
Beer & wine for sale
- Guest kitchenette
4.9 average from 80 reviews
What a great little find! We booked a room 10 mins before we showed up and they were super hospitable. Room was large, nicely furnished and very clean. We loved the communal vibe, a delicious breakfast was included, no pet fee and everyone loved our pups. A special thanks to Sharon for taking great care of us!!
Favorite Hostel I stayed at on the Appalachian trail. Wonderful young couple who run it do so with care and love. Bunks were the most comfortable, the place is beautiful, and the breakfast on point. Great local beer available. Tumbledown Red is my pick. Will definitely return for ski season.
Nice and comfortable place to stay. its a very friendly atmosphere and just a beautiful cabin overall. dog friendly cabin (well trained dogs only). when you stay here make sure you go outside at night and view all the stars.. its beautiful and peaceful.
- Cancellation policy:
- Cancellations incur a 5% fee anytime after the date of booking.
- Within 7 days of arrival, the cost of the first night's stay is forfeited/charged.
- Within 3 days of arrival, the full cost of the reservation is forfeited/charged.
- If you opt to move a reservation rather than cancel it with more than 7 days left before arrival, you will not need to pay the 5% cancellation fee.
- Check-in: 3 PM to 9 PM
- Check-out: 11 AM
- Payment upon arrival by cash, credit cards, debit cards.
- If cash is paid at check in, a credit card must still be presented to keep on file for incidentals.
- Taxes not included
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Guests over 12 but under 18 are permitted within our bunk rooms at accompanying adults discretion.
- Zoe, a large mixed breed dog lives on site and roams common areas of the hostel and grounds. All guests must be comfortable with her being here.
- Guest dogs are permitted with $50 fully refundable pet deposit, assuming no issues, in private rooms only and must be well socialized with people and animals, clean, fully house trained, under owner control at all times, not permitted on furniture, and not left alone in any space of the hostel (include bedrooms) for any length of time. A local dog daycare is available if necessary. If dog is found not to be well suited to a hospitality environment we reserve the right to ask the dog to leave without refund of stay and/or deposit.